Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

[NaNoWriMo 2015] Blades of Fate

It's halfway through November aka NaNoWriMo. This year, because my mother essentially demanded it, I'm working on the sequel to Chains of Fate. Not precisely what I was thinking I would be working on this November but so far it has been a good write. It's Day 16 and I have 47k out of what I'm guessing is about 75k. That's pretty good considering I haven't written every day. So quick rundown.
Blades of Fate, working title, picks up three hundred years after the events of Chains. Leviana has been on the throne and expanding the empire for the last three hundred years including bringing Sartol into the empire. During the celebration of Leviana's Voice, an assassin named Warden attacks her in an attempt to take her life. She survives only to be presumed dead and have the empire turn against her. With this and the return of her ancient lover in the form of the man who wants her dead, she must get to the bottom of who wishes to kill her so she can reclaim both her kingdom and her lost love.
In the current draft, I have certain things happening that I'm already thinking may not happen the same way in the next draft, but I'm trying to get it all down on paper before I start trying to make any major changes to the manuscript. First write, then edit. It always works better that way.

No comments: