Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

[Television] American Horror Story: Hotel

Several years ago, I watched the original American Horror Story and you can read what I thought about that HERE. Tonight, I sat down and watched American Horror Story: Hotel with the hopes that perhaps it would make me want to see more. In all honesty, I'm still a little underwhelmed by the franchise. Watching Lady Gaga and her fantastic wardrobe doesn't make up for me feeling as if they're not playing quite fair with the story. I'm a little fascinated, but not enough to catch the show while it's on. (I currently don't own a television anyway so it would be hard even if I was gungho about it.)

The two girls who are essentially kidnapped for nefarious purposes (I'm guessing blood bags) are pretty enough, but I don't think that's why they were chosen. I think they were chosen because they were stupid enough to ignore their misgivings and stayed in the hotel. Finding the man in the mattress would have sent me running screaming and I LOVE horror. I can only imagine what must have been running through their heads to have accepted another room in the same hotel. It's the point where you're almost screaming, GET YOUR SHIT AND LEAVE! But no, they decide to stick around. Definitely not the brightest ideas. Though there was a moment when I was absolutely certain one of them was dead. Unfortunately, she didn't die. There are worse happenings than death.

One bright spot, Matt Bomer. I thought he was fantastic in White Collar. Seeing him again as I'm guessing a vampire or some kind of blood driven evil spirit is kinda nice. I hope they don't get rid of him too soon. There was also the homage to Hotel California, which made me smile because that's immediately what I thought of when they said they were doing a season in a hotel.

Will I continue watching? Yeah, intermittently. I'm not going to program it into my DVR or anything, but it might be a good distraction every now and again.

No comments: