Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

PSIM: Week One Review

After one week, I am horribly discouraged. As I said in "Plans Set in Motion", I set out out to tabulate when, where, and how much I write in order to have some idea of when is the best time of day for me to schedule my writing time. So seven days later, here's the grand total of how much time I've spent writing: TWO HOURS. 120 minutes. Barely the length of a movie.

If I only spent two hours a week working at my real job, I'd be fired. At one job, I work a minimum of two hours a day. At my second job, it's more often four. I know I shouldn't let the numbers get me down, but it is hard not to feel as if I really am not putting enough into what needs to be done. It is not a matter of me not knowing where my time is going. I know exactly where my time is going: to everything else.

On the upside: I finished the first draft of a book at 60k words and sent it off to a friend to read and get an early impression on. I, also, did character sketches for the next project which has been floating around in my head.

So yes, two hours this past week. Both of them in the afternoon. One of them on a day when I was off from both of my jobs. The other, like this blog post, done in the space between my two jobs.

That was my week. How was yours?

No comments: