Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Liquid Story Binder XE

Writers are always looking for something we can get comfortable with to help us upgrade our productivity. Me personally, my greatest nemesis is: having to look for things. Whether it be a song, a separate file where I saved a timeline, or that beautiful picture that inspired my last character, I am always losing time looking for things. Of course, there are a number of people who would point to problems with my use of filenames and such. I do not deny that I have a few problems with letting things slip away from me.

A friend on a Livejournal NaNoWriMo message board recommended Liquid Story Binder XE by Black Obelisk Software. So I downloaded the free version just expecting to tinker with it, check it out.

I love this program.

It allows me to gather up all my various debris and make it accessible through this one program. It has a function allowing me to build playlists of songs for this particular manuscript. I can save all my pictures wherever, go back and get them so that the binder can pull them up for me. Character write-ups have a place in dossiers. Sequences for the events I can already see in my head.

Best of all, saving a workspace that pulls up all the files I want at the same time. Pull up my MC’s dossier, the chapter I am currently working on, my overall timeline, all at one time, without having to flip from window to window like I used to have to do with Microsoft Word.

Needless to say, 30 days was not going to be anywhere near long enough for me. $45.95 to buy it and keep it forever, plus being able to update it forever. With registration, all future upgrades and updates of Liquid Story Binder are absolutely free! So 50 dollars and I get a program I really love and any updates on the program for life. That is an investment I am willing to make.

Go to their website, download the 30 Day version (which isn’t really a trial because everything is available on this version just like the paid on) and check it out for yourself. I am happy I did.

No comments: