Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Fall of Lucifer by Wendy Alec

I always find myself somewhat saddened when I cannot bring myself to finish something that I started. However, The Fall of Lucifer by Wendy Alec has simply left me with no interest in it whatsoever. I find the idea of someone detailing the fall of Lucifer fascinating, which is perhaps why I love Paradise Lost so much. This did not live up to my expectations.

The descriptions were very pretty. The story which should have been gripping, simply had no traction. I wanted to like the angelic triumvirate, I truly did. I just didn't in the long run and as such have found myself unable to even finish the book. It has gone from pleasurable reading to simply a chore worse than the texts for English 101 I originally read back in high school.

I know because I did not finish reading, I cannot offer a complete review. Yet that in a way is a complete review. The book bored me so much I did not finish. Think I might be wrong? Pick up the book at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

No comments: