Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Batman: Arkham Asylum was not perfect, but I loved it anyway. Batman is perhaps the only DC comic character I actually like, not unlike many readers of comics. As the YouTube craze states: I’m a Marvel. I’m a DC. One cannot be both. I am fully a Marvel when it comes right down to it, but I can get behind the Batman. Either way, I played the new Batman game, Batman: Arkham Asylum and fell in love with the graphics. All the grit and grime one comes to expect from Gotham. The Asylum itself literally makes the game for you. In some cases, I found myself thinking I was playing a horror game instead of a comic book game. The graphics were just that good.

The other aspect of the game I fell in love with was Detective Mode, the mode that brings to bear the gadgets and the genius of the Dark Knight. Ranging from easy things like finding a way out of a locked room to much more difficult tasks like following a DNA trail, detective mode makes the game.

My only major gripe: Controls. I have a hard time getting myself together switching between the D-pad and the analog stick.

Overall, I loved the game.

No comments: