Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

[NaNoWriMo 2015] Affirmation

As I am alive, I am free. As I am free, I am powerful. As I am powerful, I am alive.
Leviana
I typed those words last night as I was getting Leviana through a tough time. She's been abandoned by those closest to her, the empire she helped to create has turned against her, and she is in a strange place without even a horse to escape on. In short, life sucks for her right now. However, when I thought to write her in despair or panic, those words came to me as something she would say to herself. (I may need to add it somewhere earlier in the book so that it can be a personal mantra, but it's good.) Thinking about the things I say to myself when I'm panicking, I could stand to learn a thing or two from this character. She is a warrior-queen. She is mistress of her domain. Even without a crown, she is regal and commanding. Not because she is beautiful, but because she is. Definitely worth thinking about.

In contrast, we have Warden who is something of a coward. He refuses to face anything head on. Probably because he's done so well at avoiding things up to this point. That won't last forever because there's a confrontation in his future that he has no choice but to deal with. But that's for later, so I won't spoil it for you here. Blades of Fate is coming along quite well. I foresee maybe putting it out next year during the summer. Maybe even on the anniversary of Chains of Fate in June. If people can wait that long. This is partly being written for my mother, who fell in love with Vad'Alvarn in the first book and wanted to see him returned as soon as possible.

Guess I should be glad someone has taken such an interest in my writing that they are clamoring for a sequel.

No comments: