Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Looking at G.I. Joe the Movie all over again.

After going to see G.I. Joe (2009), I had to go back and find the old G.I. Joe the Movie from the 1980’s. I remember watching this over and over again as a child. It was one of the many cartoon movies that came out during that time which had my attention, including My Little Pony and Jem and the Holograms.

I remember wanting to be member of the G.I. Joe team. This was perhaps a little odd for a girl who owned a Barbie, however, I have two brothers and we had a crate of G.I. Joes and little green army men between the three of us. I played war just as well as they did.

Going back and rewatching the movie, I look at how far things have come. Only a billion dollars to create a machine to pull energy out of the air? Biochemical warfare to turn humans into mindless beasts? The pulling energy out of the air part might not be a possibility, but the billion dollars for research and development isn’t unexpected anymore. Biochemical warfare is the next thing that we as Americans are terrified of becoming a real possibility.

Either way, so much fun to go back and watch it again, a little piece of my childhood all over again.



Just the opening for the nostalgia.

No comments: