Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2015

On Books and Star Wars

Friday, December 18th 2015, a day that will be forever remembered as the day Dark King Rising came out electronically. Okay, so maybe I'm not a big enough deal yet to overshadow Star Wars, but I can dream. It is however important to note that I will indeed be joining the ranks of authors with more than one book out in having my second full length novel, Dark King Rising available for purchase. For those who would prefer a paper copy (more people buy paperbacks than you think), the novel is available through Amazon and Barnes and Noble. I look forward to hearing more from those who haven't yet purchased it. I sent early review copies to my email list several months ago in hopes they would be able to do me the ultimate favor of leaving reviews on that day it becomes fully available. I'm sending out an email with the right links for review leaving tomorrow morning.

So what's today's post about? Gratitude. I feel a lot of it these days. I have no idea how far I would have made it without those who have stood on the sidelines and cheered for me in spite of the obvious setbacks of rejections and depression. No matter what, I have a cheering section and they do everything they can to make sure I keep producing. Most important thing out there. So THANK YOU to all of them. I also want to say THANK YOU to my readers, the many and varied ones that buy my books and make feel as if I have done something momentous by leaving behind little bits of praise. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for that. I cannot even begin to tell you how much it lifts my spirits to be able to have some small impact on other people's lives.

Finally, I must mention the family. Mom, Dad, and sibs who have always chosen to believe in my ability to do whatever I put my mind to. Otherwise, I might have given up on this ages ago. No one can say what the encouragement is worth.

No comments: