Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Graphics with Pixabay and Canva

I've been piddling around on the internet looking for new things I can do to increase my engagement on social media and to just kill time, so I've come across a website called Canva. It's a graphics creation website that's pretty easy to use and mostly free. I say mostly free because there are paid elements you can use, but you don't have to use them in order to get a pretty good graphic quickly. My new favorite coffee graphic, see photo, was made in Canva in a total of ten minutes. It literally took me longer to find the two photos I wanted to use on Pixabay than it took me to actually put the graphic together. Between the two, Canva and Pixabay, you can create some beautiful, unique graphics in just a few minutes. Pixabay is the website I use for attribution free graphics. It doesn't have the absolute best graphics, but for a free site, it's much better than most.

I also mocked up two really quick book covers for Dark King Rising because I was playing around in the program. I've included both of those. I think they look quite good for someone who has no graphic design background. I can only imagine what others who know more about form and color can manage with this program.
While you're here, why don't you leave a comment on which cover you like better? I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: