Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Da Vinci's Demons: AKA I'm watching something

For those who are less well versed in how I behave, I don't watch a lot of television. Mostly because there is very little on that I find interesting enough to want to go through the trouble of rearranging my writing schedule to allow me to watch television at night. However, I do enjoy buying DVD box sets of shows to watch whenever I don't have something more pressing to do. I watch a lot of television while cleaning. Several months ago, I bought the box set of Da Vinci's Demons because it caught my eye. It was a Starz original and since I've never had Starz, I had no opportunity to watch it.

In short, DD is about an early 20's Leonardo DaVinci as he navigates his way through the political landscape of Florence's upper and lower class. You have all the things you expect including the dissection of corpses in order to create anatomical drawings. You watch Leonardo as he navigates the possibility of being in love and works to solve the mystery of what has happened to his mother, the one face he cannot remember to recreate. In the middle of all of this, there is the mystery of the Vault of Heaven and the Book of Leaves. The Book of Leaves is a text which hides the secrets of the divine. The Vault of Heaven is a place, which from the look of the map you see in later episodes, that resides on the continent of Africa. However, I may be wrong.

Why am I interested enough to see Season 2 and 3? Truthfully, I want to see what this Leonardo Da Vinci can get up to. He's already shown himself to be quite a resourceful character. I particularly enjoyed the Magistrate and the Pig. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, please watch and then come back and tell me if that isn't a fabulous piece of writing.

The next thing on my to watch list is an anime called "Wallflower". TYB gave it to me, so I guess I ought to watch it before he asks me how it was.

No comments: