Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Wolfman (2010)

Universal Monster Legacy: The Wolfman is definitely worth taking a look at. I like to consider myself something of a horror movie buff. Personally, I do not think anyone can consider themselves a true horror movie buff without having at least some appreciation for the old Universal Studios monster movies. Boris Karloff as Frankenstein and the Mummy. Bela Lugosi as Dracula. They might have gotten worse as the trend continued, but no one can deny the influence Universal Studios had on the horror movie genre.

It can easily be said of the classic monsters, the vampire has been the reigning king for a long time. After all, for each werewolf movie, there have to be at least three vampire films. Dracula alone has enough remakes to outstrip our fuzzy friend. That's without getting involved with either the Anne Rice bunch or the new Twilight trend. With that said, Benicio Del Toro is set to breath new life into The Wolfman in Feb 2010. The fact that the quintessential creepy old man, Anthony Hopkins, is in the movie too is definitely selling it for me.

Looking for an opening day review, check out Radio_Lady on Twitter for her views of the movie, I intend to. I also fully intend to try and see it in its opening weekend. The Wolfman opens 02/12/2010. The Official Movie Site

1 comment:

Ellen Kimball said...

Thanks so much for the mention, Alledria. Nice to meet you and tweet you! You didn't post a bio, so I don't really know you or your background, but your writing is excellent. Me? A better-than-65 year-old woman, wife, mother and grandmother who has been lucky in this life. I've had an amazing ride in Television, Radio and Film.

I'm splashed all over the Internet as both Ellen Kimball, my full legal maiden name -- as well as @Radio_Lady (don't forget the underscore) on Twitter. I've have been reviewing movies since 1971 in Miami, New York, Boston and now Portland, Oregon. I'm an only daughter who found solace from the hot sun in Miami, Florida's movie theaters in the 1940s and 50s. In 1973, I married a software engineering guy who loves movies, particularly horror, vampires and science fiction. We make a beautiful pair!

I'll put up a blog link to Creative Chaos. A fair number of people go to my site for whatever reason. Maybe it's the 41,000 hits I've had for my sexy shot from 1956. I hear it's in all the best prison lockers! What do you think? http://bit.ly/fvRTZ

Pls cut & paste. Google should do something to provide automatic HTML hyperlinks in "Comments." I know how to do it, but too scattered to remember tonight.

Thanks again for the mention. You might get a kick out of my TV and radio story, which involves a guy you might have seen. It's CNN's Larry King. http://bit.ly/t0MJ1

Cordially,

Ellen Kimball
Portland, OREGON